Thursday, September 8, 2011

Breakfast at Biota Dining - Bowral

Yet again I'm apologising for being a bad blogger. Life sometimes gets in the way of my blog, although I still generally eat well whether I'm taking photos and blogging about it, or not. 
A few weeks ago my family came to visit and we made a 3 day trip down to Bowral.



Conveniently, we were staying in a new self-catered apartment across the road from Biota, somewhere I'd been planning to go anyway.
Biota has been getting huge reviews. Especially for a restaurant that is neither in Sydney or Melbourne.  Gourmet Traveller raved about it here, and has also given it 48th position in Australian restaurants for 2011. Pretty fast moving for a new restaurant.


Enticing open fires. Needed in the Southern Highlands!

 The interiors were beautiful, but low key. The dining room is at the back of the restaurants, and the more casual areas make the most of the location, which gives views over their kitchen garden and a lovely pond.



I loved this series of heavy oil paintings. Intriguing yet warm.


The weather was a little cool, but this outdoor sofa was oh so inviting for another visit!

The kitchen garden
My sister and I popped out for breakfast, making the most of the in-built babysitters, aka the grandparents!
I had read about the truffle & gruyère toastie in the GT review, so I'd decided on what I was going to have prior to getting to Biota. I was desperate for a truffle fix, and the Southern Highlands is one of the best spots to do this in NSW. For only $8 it was totally reasonable too, I was half expecting a truffle surcharge of at least $10 or so, on top of the toastie!

The toastie itself was refined. The sourdough had been sliced razor thin, with gruyère and truffles between each of the 4 layers. The truffles added an earthy richness, so special.


My sister went for a traditional bacon and eggs brekkie. With a huge side of local free-range bacon she was very very happy.

I hope to go back for lunch sometime. They also offer live music for all the family on Sunday afternoons with a long all-day snack menu, very appealing.

Biota Dining

a: kangaloon road, bowral
p: +61 (0)2 4862 2005
f: +61 (0)2 4861 6003
e: info@biotadining.com




2 comments:

  1. I also bookmarked and tweeted this. Thank you so much for showing great concern for other people. Much Respect.Places To Eat In Perth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the post.Am also tweet the link.Thanks you for sharing the valuable post.

    bowral painter

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!