Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Best spaghetti & meatballs

Wow. This recipe rocked my world. Well, maybe that's going a little far. But it definitely made my day.

Meatballs is one of those things that everyone has their version of. We saw about 20 varieties on Masterchef last night, most of them looked very very average.

This version was on the front cover of Gourmet Traveller, calling to me to be eaten.  It really didn't disappoint. And neither did the magazine.  Strangely enough, this was the first time I've ever purchased in (on recommendation of the lovely Heidi from Apples under my bed) and it was simply gorgeous. This month's mag is The Italian Issue - it covers everything from how to prepare water for pasta, make gnocchi, ways with coffee desserts, where to visit in Rome and a lot more besides. I don't need a lot of persuasion to cook and eat Italian food at the best of times, but I think I've written a fairly lengthy list of recipes to cook this month from this magazine.



Spaghetti con polpette - doesn't even that sound amazing!









5 comments:

  1. I think when you finally try a good meatball you realise what the fuss is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely! Thanks for the link, Laura :) I adored this issue. Made me want to jump on a plane to Rome! I have bookmarked this recipe, I can't wait to give it a go. It looks soooooo yummy. Reading the ingredients, you can just tell how good it is going to be :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! I truly recommend this recipe, and GT for that matter.

    hint, hint would *anyone* like to get me a subscription to Gourmet Traveller for mothers' day?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I should try this next time when I'm making meatballs for my partner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really used to dislike spag bol but somehow, I love it now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!